How much would you pay to be a delegate at Conclave 2025 – Indy?

• How much would you pay to be a delegate at Conclave 2025 – Indy?

Posted by Anthony Harden on May 10, 2024 at 10:39 am

I believe each chapter should prepare to pay at least $800 per delegate for Conclave.

NOTE: Conclave and the Conclave Events are two separate things. Conclave is when delegates meet/vote on topics of the organization. Conclave Events are the parties, Galas, etc.

Conclave Delegates – $800 – $1200 per delegate (Includes a Conclave Events)

Conclave Events – $300 – $500 per person

A La Carte – Varies

What are your thoughts?

Anthony Harden replied 2 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • OhSoCity

May 11, 2024 at 2:48 am

Now we are up to 1200 max naw just give me the business meeting only package.

• Anthony Harden

Organizer
      May 14, 2024 at 10:19 am

Unfortunately, business meeting only would actually cost higher in this scenario. For years, we have been doing things backwards financially.

• steves504@yahoo.com

May 11, 2024 at 3:41 am

There’s a better way to achieve the end goal outside of going this route. From a personal PoV, this is a business that have made “interesting” decisions, promote successes that does not seem to provide positive membership based return, on top of other mismanagement of resources, but then turn around and propose a post like this for members to prepare for?

Is this a bailout proposal or something else? If something else, expand on the truth on the why based on the current direction the proposed and approved budget is being used. I will look at how we do business as an organization because this current way is not working in the best interest of its Membership.

Know your audience and membership.

• Anthony Harden

Organizer
      May 14, 2024 at 10:31 am

As an organization, we have to evaluate our current model and make some tough decisions/adjustments to fit what we want. This post was generated so we can learn our audience/membership. Conclave belongs to all of us and we have to all center ourselves around it to make sure we have the experience we are looking for. Below is my basis for the registration cost:

EST. Number of Chapters – 130

EST. Number of Delegates – 260

F&B – $50K (3 days x 260 delegates). Necessary to ensure we have timely meetings. Plus we need to meet minimum.

Audio & Visual – $40K. We can scale down if we offered an alternate approach for regional breakout rooms

Dias – $15K. Necessary per protocol guide

Travel – $35K. Necessary per travel policy/protocol guide

With the amounts above without adding in decor, marketing (huge expense), miscellaneous materials, and cost associated with the conclave experience (I.e. Gala, Parties, gifts, luncheons, etc.), we are already at $538.

This is why I’m trying to engage the brotherhood early to prepare. Registration is achievable however, brothers will need to stay engaged and fundraise.